The Aleutian Islands Campaign was a military campaign conducted by the United States and Japan in the Aleutian Islands, part of the Alaska Territory, in the American theater and the Pacific theater of World War II starting on 3 June 1942. The aircraft was built under contract no. ac22714, as a batch of 335 aircraft in 1942. It was completed on October 13, 1942 and issued the USAAF serial number 42-10083. The “ship” number was 954. The aircraft was allocated to the Soviet Air forces as part of the defense aid program on october 18, 1942 pursuant to a lend-lease agreement. Length 10:00.